Creativity is what we do
The art of appreciation. For everything and everyone that nurtures and supports me in this world including myself and the sunrise I miss when it rains and the food I eat and the job that allows me to buy food. To be grateful is not the same as to be complacent.
To be grateful is to sincerely appreciate what you have now.
In fact, the more grateful I am, the more my heart opens to more of the good stuff.
5 Ways to practice gratitude:
- Keep a journal by your bedside. Every night, put the day to rest by writing five things for which you were grateful today.
- Say it when you feel it. Get in the habit of speaking of the things you love instead of the things you lack or the things that annoy you.
- Enjoy. Gratitude is a concept. Enjoyment – relishing in what you are grateful for – is gratitude made manifest, gratitude in action. Allow yourself to break out into a smile whenever you think of something that you appreciate.
- Romance the things and people you appreciate by giving them time, space, and energy in your life. Nurture them.
- Allow yourself to fall in love with the small things in life – a good meal, a beautiful day spent at the beach, a warm smile from a stranger.
Put a glass of water next to your bed at night and, as soon as you get up in the morning, drink it. One glass down, seven more to go today!
Amazing morning light #flowers #weekendinspiration #nofilter